Founded in 1951, WBJC is a public, non-commercial radio station which broadcasts a 24 hours-a-day schedule of classical music and arts information programming at 91.5-FM. The station’s 50,000-watt signal reaches more than 200,000 listeners weekly across Maryland, the District of Columbia and portions of the surrounding states.
Read more about our history on our Wikipedia page!
Throughout the year, WBJC’s broadcast schedule includes locally produced and hosted classical music programming, interviews, and information about music, dance, drama, film and visual arts events occurring in Maryland and the surrounding region. WBJC regularly broadcasts programs featuring internationally renowned orchestras, opera companies and chamber ensembles such as the New York Philharmonic, Detroit and Cleveland orchestras and Music from Imperial Austria concert series; the Bayreuth Opera Festival and the Metropolitan Opera broadcasts. WBJC’s schedule also includes a number of unique programs produced in its own studios such as Music in Maryland, Face the Music, Vocalise, Toccata, Word On Wine and the WBJC Operafest.
Baltimore City Community College Board of Trustees Open Meetings / WBJC Policy
The Baltimore City Community College Board of Trustees holds monthly open meetings to discuss and transact College business. As the College is the license holder of WBJC, the Board oversees the radio station and includes WBJC on the agenda of some monthly meetings.
WBJC will post on its website, the dates, times and locations of each open meeting that includes WBJC business, at least one week prior to each meeting.
If an individual wishes to be notified of these meetings through other means, they may call WBJC’s general office number @ 410-580-5800 and provide their phone, e-mail or regular mailing address information.
Please note that the process to address the Board or its committees at a scheduled meeting requires that the individual or group submit a written request to the President of BCCC at least 48 hours before the scheduled meeting. The request shall be acted upon by the Chair, who may, at his or her discretion, deny it, grant it, or grant it subject to limitations on the scope or time of presentation. No individual or group shall be entitled to address the Board or its Committees unless the subject is deemed appropriate by the Chair and the duration of the presentation does not exceed limits imposed by the Chair. The Chair may refer the request to the President or a standing committee for follow-up and recommendations.
Current Board of Trustees:
|Kurt L. Schmoke, Esq., Chair||John Lewis|
|Rosemary Gillett-Karam, Vice Chair||Maria Tildon, Esq.|
|Jason Perkins-Cohen (Ex-Officio)||Peter H. Nachtwey|
|John Carroll Weiss III (J. C. Weiss III)||Dr. Rachel Y. Pfeifer, Ph.D.|
LATEST STATION NEWS
- 2021 Winter Drive – wrap up! February 28, 2021
- 02/17/21 – BCCC Board of Trustees meeting February 16, 2021
- WBJC is hiring! February 3, 2021
- Gratitude – December Campaign wrap-up January 11, 2021
- 12-29-20 Is it Hanukah, Chanukah or Khanukah Whichever it is the programs are finally posted! December 29, 2020
WBJC is supported in part by the Maryland State Arts Council. To discover more about the Maryland State Arts Council and how they impact Maryland, visit msac.org.
WBJC-FM Public File
WBJC-FM, a service of the Baltimore City Community College, maintains a public file that contains material required by the Federal Communication Commission and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting. This material includes, but is not limited to, copies of our broadcast license, contour maps, ownership reports, contracts, letters and emails from the public, annual reports, list of donors, EEO report, and application and grant information.
This material is available for inspection at WBJC-FM, 6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 202, Baltimore, MD 21215, Telephone 410-580-5800, by appointment during normal business hours, 9:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Upon request, we will make photocopies of this material at a cost of $0.04 per page (as of Jan., 2015).
FCC and CPB Compliance Policy
WBJC-FM shall follow all rules of compliance as specified by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and the Corporation for Public Broadcasting (CPB). This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Notice of all meetings of the Board of Trustees of Baltimore City Community College (BCCC) that have WBJC on their agenda shall be published on the WBJC website and announced on-air as proscribed by the FCC and CPB. Links to past meetings’ minutes shall be posted on the website when they are available.
- Official financial records that are reported to CPB, other public broadcasting entities and BCCC shall be placed in the WBJC-FM Public File. This includes annual financial reports and audited financial reports and statements.
- Equal Employment Opportunity reports filed with CPB, FCC, State of Maryland, and any other entity shall be placed in the WBJC-FM Public File.
- Under no circumstances shall WBJC-FM participate in any political activity favoring any one or group of candidates or any political issue, including any use of the WBJC Donor List. If any employee of WBJC participates in any or all of the above activities, then that participation must be completely independent of WBJC, and the employee may not participate in these activities during his/her work day or use WBJC resources, and may not present him/her as representing WBJC in any way.
- WBJC-FM shall maintain a public file that contains material required by the FCC and CPB. This material includes, but is not limited to, copies of our broadcast license, contour maps, ownership reports, contracts, letters and emails from the public, annual reports, list of donors, EEO report, and application and grant information. This material is available for inspection at WBJC-FM, 6776 Reisterstown Road, Suite 202, Baltimore, MD 21215, Telephone 410-580-5800, by appointment during normal business hours, 9:00AM to 5:00PM Monday through Friday. Upon request, we will make photocopies of this material at a cost of $0.04 per page (as of Jan., 2015).