WBJC Evening Concerts
Mondays-Thursdays @ 11pm
No need to travel! Each evening, join WBJC for a concert performance recorded live and brought directly to you. The New York Philharmonic, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, San Francisco Symphony, and Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra are among our current line-up.
- Tuesday 10/20/20 Chicago Symphony Orchestra11:00 PM Hannu Lintu and Pekka Kuusisto Sibelius: Finlandia, Op. 26, No. 7 Nielsen: Violin Concerto, Op. 33 (Pekka Kuusisto, violin) Traditonal: Kuusisto Danish Bridal Tune (Pekka Kuusisto, violin) Nielsen: Helios Overture, Op. 17 Sibelius: Symphony No. 5 in E-flat Major, Op. 82 Sibelius: The Swan of Tuonela from Four Legends of The Kalevala, Op. 22 (Robert Mayer, English horn; Frederick Stock, ...
- Monday 10/19/20 New York Philharmonic11:00 PM Conductor: Alan Gilbert Soloist: Dawn Upshaw, soprano HAYDN: Symphony No. 48, Maria Theresia BERIO: Folk Songs BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 4
- Thursday 10/15/20 Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra11:00 PM CASELLA: Symphonic Fragments from La donna serpente PROKOFIEV: Piano Concerto No. 5 SCHUMANN: Symphony No. 2 Gianandrea Noseda, conductor; Jean-Efflam Bavouzet, piano
- Wednesday 10/14/20 Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra11:00 PM CONDUCTOR: Ken-David Masur/Gemma New SOLOIST(S): Anthony Marwood, violin Beethoven: Symphony No. 1 in C major, Opus 21 Beethoven: Concerto in D major for Violin and Orchestra, Opus 61 Beethoven: Symphony No. 2 in D major, Opus 36
- Tuesday 10/13/20 Chicago Symphony Orchestra11:00 PM Theodore Thomas’s 185th Birthday (October 11) Brahms: Academic Festival Overture, Op. 80 (Daniel Barenboim, cond.) Wagner: Prelude and Liebestod from Tristan and Isolde (Artur Rodzinski, cond.) Elgar: Variations on an Original Theme, Op. 36 (Enigma) (Sir Georg Solti, cond.) Strauss: Ein Heldenleben, Op. 40 (Fritz Reiner, cond.) Tchaikovsky: Final Waltz and Apotheosis from The Nutcracker, Op. 71 (Morton Gould, cond.)
- Monday 10/12/20 New York Philharmonic11:00 PM Conductor: Bramwell Tovey Soloist: Kirill Gerstein, Piano TCHAIKOVSKY: Festival Coronation March TCHAIKOVSKY: Piano Concerto No. 1 TCHAIKOVSKY: Selections from Act IV of Swan Lake TCHAIKOVSKY: 1812 Overture
- Thursday 10/08/20 Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra11:00 PM BURKE/JANG/ROSENBLUM/VALI/WILLIAMS: “The Elements” (World Premiere) HOLST: The Planets Manfred Honeck, conductor; Mendelssohn Choir of Pittsburgh; Betsy Burleigh, director
- Wednesday 10/07/20 Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra11:00 PM CONDUCTOR: Jun Märkl SOLOIST: Jorge Federico Osorio, piano Chabrier: España Falla: Nights in the Gardens of Spain for Piano and Orchestra Bizet/Ed. Hoffmann: Suite No. 1 from Carmen Rimsky-Korsakov: Capriccio espagnol, Opus 34 Ravel: Boléro
- Tuesday 10/06/20 Chicago Symphony Orchestra11:00 PM Carlo Maria Giulini conducts Mozart and Mahler Rossini: Overture to L’italiana in Algeri Mozart: Sinfonia concertante for Oboe, Clarinet, Bassoon, and Horn in E-flat Major (Ray Still, oboe; Clark Brody, clarinet; Willard Elliot, bassoon; Dale Clevenger, horn) Prokofiev: Symphony No. 1 in D Major, Op. 25 (Classical) Mahler: Symphony No. 1 in D Major
- Monday 10/05/20 New York Philharmonic11:00 PM Conductor: Jaap van Zweden Soloist: Augustin Hadelich, Violin SIBELIUS: Violin Concerto TARREGA: Recuerdos de la Ahlambra BERLIOZ: Symphonie fantastique MOZART: Symphony No. 1
For more, click here!