WBJC is hiring!
THE POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED, THANK YOU!
WBJC is searching for a part-time announcer!
Direct posting: https://bccc.balancetrak.com/2021188
- Provides weeknight/weekend on-air Announcing duties: includes all selection of classical music programming, also acts as master control operator during shifts
- Lead fill-in for other hosts during vacation, holiday, and illness
- Assists with the maintenance of the CD Library and associated software
- Contributes to and helps manage the stations social media presence
- Conducts, edits and produces taped interviews
- Represents WBJC outside the station, including appearances at special events
- Assists On-Air with Fund Drives
- Other related duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Experience with pronunciation of foreign languages
- Reliable Transportation
- Available evening, weekends, and some holidays
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 2 years of experience
- Be well-versed with the history of classical music
- Have the ability to extemporize on musical subjects
- Have a broadcasting background or on-air experience
- Be familiar with utilizing social media platforms for promotion purposes
- Be capable of utilizing or learning specialized Music Librarian software
Click here for the direct job posting and to apply
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at 410-209-6007.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement.