WBJC Evening Concerts
Mondays-Thursdays @ 11pm
No need to travel! Each evening, join WBJC for a concert performance recorded live and brought directly to you. The New York Philharmonic, Chicago Symphony Orchestra, Live at the Concertgebouw, and Cleveland Orchestra are among our current line-up.
- Thursday 04/27/17 Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra 11:00 PM Manfred Honeck, conductor; Daniil Trifonov, piano HAYDN: Symphony No. 93 LISZT: Piano Concerto No. 1 TCHAIKOVSKY: Symphony No. 4
- Wednesday 04-26-17 SAN FRANCISCO SYMPHONY 11:00 PM CONDUCTOR: Michael Tilson Thomas SOLOIST: Laura Claycomb, soprano R. Strauss Serenade in E-flat major, Opus 7 R. Strauss Brentano Lieder, Opus 68 Schumann Symphony No. 1 in B-flat major, Opus 38, Spring Strauss Ein Heldenleben
- Tuesday 04/25/17 Chicago Symphony Orchestra 11:00 PM James Gaffigan and Michael Mulcahy Franck: Le chasseur maudit Vine: Five Hallucinations for Trombone and Orchestra (Michael Mulcahy,trombone) Prokofiev: Selections from Cinderella, Op. 87 Bach: Passacaglia and Fugue in C Minor, BWV 582 (from CSO Resound) (Mark Ridenour, conductor) Grainger: Selections from Lincolnshire Posy (from CSO Resound) (Mark Ridenour,Conductor)
- Monday 04/24/17 New York Philharmonic This Week 11:00 PM CONDUCTOR: Alan Gilbert, conductor SOLOISTS: Emanuel Ax, piano BRAHMS: Tragic Overture BRAHMS: Piano Concerto No. 2 BEETHOVEN: Symphony No. 7
- Thursday 04/20/17 Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra 11:00 PM Johannes Brahms’ Symphony No. 1 Johannes Brahms’ Hungarian Dance No. 1 Mason Bates’ “The Rise of Exotic Computing;” Cesar Frank’s Symphony in D minor Paul Paray, conductor; Johannes Brahms’ Hungarian Dance No. 17 in F-Sharp Minor; Marek Janowski, conductor]; Andres Orozco-Estrada, conductor
- Wednesday 04-19-17 SAN FRANCISCO SYMPHONY 11:00 PM CONDUCTOR: Michael Tilson Thomas SOLOIST: Leonidas Kavakos, violin Sibelius The Swan of Tuonela, Opus 22 Sibelius Violin Concerto in D minor, Opus 47 Schumann Symphony No. 3 in E-flat major, Opus 97, Rhenish Debussy Nocturnes
- Tuesday 04/18/17 Chicago Symphony Orchestra 11:00 PM Nicholas McGegan conducts 18th- Century Works Handel: Concerto grosso in G Major, Op. 6, No. 1 Vivaldi: Alma oppressa (from La fida ninfa) (Vivica Genaux, mezzo-soprano) Porpora: Oh volesser gli Dei. . . Dolci, freschi aurette (from Polifemo) (Vivica Genaux, mezzo-soprano) Bach: Sinfonia in G Minor, Op. 6, No. 6 Porpora: Or la nube procellosa ...
- Monday 04/17/17 New York Philharmonic This Week 11:00 PM CONDUCTOR: Alan Gilbert SOLOIST: Liang Wang, oboe R. STRAUSS: Don Juan, op. 20 R. STRAUSS: Till Eulenspiegel’s Merry Pranks Christopher ROUSE: Oboe Concerto 20:00 TCHAIKOVSKY: Romeo and Juliet, Overture-Fantasy
- Thursday 04/13/17 Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra 11:00 PM Alfred Newman’s 20th Century Fox Fanfare Jeff Tyzik’s The Big Movie Suite Nino Rota’s Waltz from The Godfather John Barry’s Theme from Out of Africa Vangelis’ Theme from Chariots of Fire Elton John’s “Circle of Life” from The Lion King Ernest Gold’s Exodus: An Orchestral Tone Poem John Williams’ “Flying Theme” from E.T. James Horner’s Suite from Titanic Max Steiner’s Theme from Now ...
- Wednesday 04-12-17 SAN FRANCISCO SYMPHONY 11:00 PM CONDUCTOR: András Schiff SOLOISTS: András Schiff, piano Anna Lucia Richter, soprano Britta Schwarz, contralto Werner Güra, tenor Robert Holl, bass San Francisco Symphony Chorus – Ragnar Bohlin, director Mozart Piano Concerto No. 27 in B flat major, K.595 Haydn Lord Nelson Mass Schubert Widerschein, D.639 “Fischerweise,” D.881, Das Lied im Grünen, D.917 “Im Frühling,” D.882, Der blinde Knabe, D.833 “Ständchen,” D.920
For more, click here!