I like to consider myself an avid reader. If I had to choose 5 books from my shelf to have while stranded on a deserted island (based on re-readability, love of characters/world/subject matter) , I’d choose:
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep – Philip K. Dick
- Lord of the Rings/Hobbit – J. R. R. Tolkien
- Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland and through the Looking Glass – Lewis Carroll
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy (compendium edition) – Douglas Adams
- Mists of Avalon – Marion Zimmer Bradley
It was really hard to narrow it down to these five truthfully! I could have had a top 20, but I figured these would be the ones that no matter what mood I was in, I could always re-read.
What are your Top 5 Deserted Island Books?books, top5