WBJC is looking for a Business Manager:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintain institutional and grant-related compliance with federal (FCC, CPB), state (MSAC), and College reporting requirements and work intimately with the Finance (including annual audit), Procurement and Accounts Payable Departments at the station’s licensee BCCC (Baltimore City Community College).
- Manage and track all revenue and expenditures and provide weekly and monthly reports.
- Assist management with establishing short- and long-range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures.
- Work with station vendors and other businesses that interact with WBJC
- Manage general office-related portions of WBJC business.
- Work closely with the Membership, Engineering and Programming teams to coordinate WBJC’s operations including on-air fundraising as needed and also assist in any other special station events, and social functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or related work experience.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in accounting and financial management.
- Public broadcasting or non profit financial experience desired.
- Strong written communications skills.
- Grant management experience helpful.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office 365 and other software programs.
- Knowledge and experience with State of Maryland procurement system helpful.
- Demonstrate a positive, can-do optimistic attitude and strong work ethic in the performance of job duties.
BCCC is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment. Applicants needing accommodation for any part of the application and/or hiring process should request the accommodation from The Office of Human Resources office by contacting us at HRComplianceCoordina@bccc.edu.